Our Web Design Philosophy
Northern Virginia web design isn’t about building the next Facebook, or designing a fun mobile app – it’s about helping your small business bring in more leads through its website.
Keep it simple, stupid
We build simple sites. Why? Because complicated costs longer, takes longer, and isn’t what it takes to convert website visitors into leads.
it's an investment - not an expense
defeat the competition
You and I don’t operate in a sandbox. We have competition. If your website isn’t quite there, you might not make the right impression on prospects.
Some things we think about as we build a website:
- Keeping the design sleek and clean, but not too over-the-top. Websites with too much content (videos, pictures, animations) will take too long to load and will not perform well in SEO (search engine optimization).
- Enhancing site speed. Depending on the type of content you’ve got on your site, your site should load in less than 3 seconds. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Imagine your customers are homeowners who are looking at your website while they’re out for lunch during their workday. Their mobile internet speed will be slower than yours at home – so we keep that in mind.
- Ensuring that your site is easy to update so that when our work is done – if you want to update your website on a recurring basis, you don’t need us. Some people like updating their site themselves, but others don’t. We do ongoing website improvements as well.
- We often use WordPress – a content-management system. This is often the case because WordPress powers much of the web, that way if you worked with someone else before, or want to work with someone else after working with us, the handoff can be seamless.
- We keep abreast of the competition. Northern Virginia is relatively large, and you’re likely not the only player in your business.